Disclaims, copyright and limited liability
This Statement is, except where separate and distinctive statements are provided, applicable to:
- The PLC Group of companies, including Professional Lock Centre Company Limited (hereinafter call as "PLC"), and
- the person, company, partnership shall in any case using, accessing and updating the "plc.com.hk" (PLC site)
This disclaimer applies to:
- the use of any services and information obtained through "plc.com.hk" ("PLC Site") offered by Professional Lock Centre Company Limited;
- all information stored on or receivable through this or any other associated servers (collectively "PLC Servers") (Information); and
- any goods or services offered, accessed or obtained through the PLC Site, by the User.
This note limits the liability of PLC and its associated companies, employees, agents, contractors and any third party Information provider in relation to any such use, Information, goods and services.
The Information shall be protected under intellectual property laws and rights (including without limitation laws protecting copyright). If the User downloads, copies, transmits, publishes, stores or otherwise uses the Information without the consent of the owner of such rights, the User shall infringe such laws or rights. It is the User's responsibility to determine whether any such infringement (Copyright Infringement) will occur.
3. General Disclaimer
PLC expressly, to the extent permitted by law, disclaims any responsibility, representation or warranty:
- in relation to the quality, operation, use, accuracy, or timeliness of, or the fitness or use for any purpose of the contents or the information of the PLC site;
- in relation to any goods or services accessed, offered or obtained through the PLC Servers or the PLC Services or pursuant to the Information;
- that any access to the PLC Servers, the PLC Services or the Information will be uninterrupted or error free or that the Information does not contain any viruses, or contaminating or destructive properties;
- that the Information will not be objectionable or offensive to the User or any other person;
- for any error, omission or misstatement in or arising from the Information. PLC does not endorse or recommend any person, organisation, name, product or service referred to in the Information, nor does the Information constitute PLC's views or opinions. PLC will not be a party to any transaction between the User and any third person in any way relating to the Information or made through the PLC Servers or the PLC Services unless and only to the extent expressly stated in writing otherwise.
4. Limitation of Liability
To the extent permitted by law, PLC shall not be liable to the User or any other person whether in tort, contract, statute or otherwise (including without limitation for negligence, breach of contract, defamation, or intellectual property right infringement) for:
- any direct loss;
- any consequential or indirect loss (including without limitation loss of revenue or profits); or
- the User's liability to any other person, which is suffered or incurred by the User or any other person arising under or in any way out of the Information or the PLC Services.
PLC does not warrant (and accepts no responsibility for) confidentiality of any information or data whether personal or otherwise transmitted through the PLC Site and/or PLC Services. PLC's current practice is to take reasonable steps to maintain confidentiality.
6. User's Obligations
In consideration of PLC allowing the User access to the Information, PLC Site, PLC Servers and/or PLC Services, the User agrees:
- not carry out or allow any Copyright Infringement;
- not to use the Information or the User's access to the PLC Site, PLC Servers and/or PLC Services for any illegal, improper, obscene or defamatory purpose;
- to take all steps to ensure the Information does not damage the User's information or systems;
- to PLC conducting research on access to the Information;
- to all PLC's disclaimers and limitations of liability set out in this disclaimer.
7. Law and Severability
Hong Kong law governs this disclaimer, and each part of this disclaimer shall apply to the extent permitted thereby. Any part of this disclaimer which is prohibited or unenforceable in any jurisdiction is ineffective as to that jurisdiction only to the extent of the prohibition or unenforceability. That does not invalidate the remaining parts of this disclaimer nor affect the validity or enforceability of that part in any other jurisdiction. Where this disclaimer is available in Chinese, the English version is the governing version and shall prevail whenever there is a discrepancy between the two versions.